Saturday, August 20, 2016

Immortal WIP 003

This will be my last post for the day, I have a few concerns.
mainly how i'm going to retopologize this thing. I've highlighted the areas, where i'm not sure what to do. The main option I've come up with is z remesher with some guides.

Question: IF I just retopologize it (the model) by hand, will those holes bake in to mesh when I bake the normal map? I'm thinking ahead, I haven't even gotten to that part yet, so We'll see.

I also would like to make it one solid mesh, but as I'm typing this, I"m not sure if that's the best option. I've circled the areas that would be separate pieces,  and I think this would work.

 Question 2: How can I fuse the arm to the cannon piece. I mean, is there anything cool i can do here? because I can not for the life of me think of anything , and I'm guessing it'll just have to flow into each other like it does in the capture? Anyways, thoughts would be appreciated.