Thursday, September 17, 2026

Starcraft Fan art

 With the announcement of a new starcraft. I feel like I have a new chance. THe last Starcraft came out in 2010 , and they stopped updating it with new content in 2020. So as far as I knew my time had passed. But now we have 3 whole years of practice, so Ic an show that I can work on this project. 
Best case scenario is I get the opportunity to work on my dream title. 
Worst case scenario. I spend 3 years, learning, and get a job elsewhere. Not the end of the world at all. 


So let me out lin the plane. 


First thigns first. Choose the FX. 

The one I would like to start with is a First person view of a Pylon getting warped in. I have collected some reference from the game(s) , but also there's the trailer from the Legacy of the void which should do a LOT of heavy lifting as for reference. 


lets start as such. 


Scaling, Because it's an FPS. 

Timing. We'll Block in some assets for that. 

Then we'll start creating authoring some assets. 


I'm giving my self about 4 weeks before I can show anyone. Then i'll give myself about 2 weeks of feedback. 


I want to use a bunch of Houdini, if not all Houdini, and Unreal of course. For thpieces I need I don tthink I'll need anything else,  I'll see you guys on the other side!